Sunday, February 13, 2011

Excited?

Danielle at Sometimes Sweet has published yet another post that I have decided to respond to. I swear I do read other blogs, but hers is definitely in my top five daily reads. She has written this post about things she is excited about. Honestly, this prompt has come along at a perfect time for me, because these past couple of weeks I just been feeling bored. We're sort of making enough money now to pay all the bills and buy all the essentials, but still not enough to really put any aside to save for something exciting. However that should hopefully change in the next couple of months. Work is going really well and I love it, but I've been feeling pretty tired and uninspired as soon as each working day is over.

So here is a list of things I am genuinely excited for! I had to rack my brains a little bit to come up with a list, but here you go.
  • I'm excited about getting a new tattoo- I haven't got an artist (Kev has gone back to the UK), design, or the money yet... but I know what I want! It's a start.
  • I'm excited about having our apartment in order, which means I'll be able to produce some more work, and hopefully develop some ideas for a future exhibition. I find it impossible to produce anything worthwhile when our apartment is messy.
  • I'm excited about having a temporary flatmate later this month- Charlie's friend Matt is moving over from Australia and will be staying with us for a little while.
  • I'm excited about buying a bunch of new clothes for winter... and some boots!
  • I'm excited about taking a weekend away in the Wairarapa, and spending some time with friends.
  • I'm excited about turning 22 in May.
  • I'm excited about my friend Vikkie getting married in November.

3 comments:

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi there, thanks for following me!
Im from England and only spent time in NZ, and it was only a week in 2008, but I like bringing it up a lot cos it was awesome, and I havnt been on a proper holiday since :)
Loving your blog
x

Ed said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I should do a post like this. I'm hoping to get a tattoo this spring, so excited!!! xx

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Remembering what I have to be excited about it such a nice wake-up call for me. And it's fun to see what other people are excited about - I'm excited about getting a new tattoo getting my house in order too. I feel much better about the second one now that you've said it too!