Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Have you done/are you doing anything to celebrate?

I have to say I am absolutely sick of all the anti-Valentine's whingey bullshit I have heard from single people today (this is largely due to my job, not people I actually know). Seriously- get over it! I do appreciate it can't be the most joyous occassion for those unhappy to be alone, but it's the equivalent of people who are estranged from their parents complaining about Mothers' and Fathers' Day (maybe they do?)

This is the second Valentine's that Charlie and I have been together for. We don't really have a relationship-anniversary that we recognise (does Facebook-official count?) so it's nice to have this day to be happy and cutesy and together.

2 comments:

Rebecca said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hear ya...
People I know on my FB page just have been bitching saying they hate this holiday cause its just to make money and blah blah blah....
But the only people that say that seem to be the ones in the really bad relationships and that's their fault. Not mine. I'm sorry your baby daddy of 3 kids keeps telling you to kill yourself and that he sleeps with you and then calls you a fat cow. Stop messing with him and then maybe you'll have a nice valentines day with someone else.

I love valentines day. Even when I was single. I still loved it

Venassa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I don't hate Valentine's day but I loved it so much more as a child giving out Valentine's. It's still fun to celebrate it every now and then, but I really can't wait until I have a child to go all out for it.