Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Plate, abate

Alishia Anderson

I was going to start this post with 'ooh, another earthquake post' etc. but soon realised the earthquake post I wrote last year never made it out of my drafts folder. I couldn't get my thoughts in order, hyperbole took over, then re-wordings became understatements. For my local readers, a play-by-play of my thoughts and fears during the shakes we've had over the past few months would be a bit of a snore - we all have our own earthquake stories, varying in levels of drama.

There was a bit of damage around the place - my friend's house north east of Masterton was quite a mess yesterday  as shown above, and it was a similar story following the Seddon 'quakes that affected Wellington in 2013. A big fat nuisance, concern for loved ones, the sad loss/damage of posessions and property; a decent bloody fright.

There's not that much to say about this latest shake either, now everyone's accounted for. Just keep-calm-carry-on towards the apparently imminent 'big one'.

2 comments:

Nova said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yeah well for us non-locals it's HUGE! An EARTHQUAKE!!!In your home!!! That's terrifying. I'm glad you're alright, just a little shaken up, no pun intended.

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Eek! How scary! I have never felt an earthquake - we never have them in Maine and we certainly didn't feel any in New Zealand. Stay safe guys !<3