Monday, October 28, 2013

I'm still here... just not, well, HERE.



Life's gearing up to be busy again! Last week I attended the Fit For Work Summit with Arthritis New Zealand. Professor Stephen Bevan from the UK spoke about his research on musculoskeletal disorders and work... and I spoke about my experience with AS.

Yep, it was pretty damn scary, but I'm so glad I did it. Pretty much prepared it only the night before, and though there was a lot of 'umm's, I'm pretty proud of myself and kind of enjoyed it. There were maybe around 50 people there, which doesn't sound too scary, but after initial introductions around there room there were enough "former MP", "CEO", "doctor"s to make me feel a liiitle bit intimidated. Everyone was super lovely though, and it was a really interesting day. From that I've been invited to another workshop in Auckland later in November. And before that I'm going to the Arthritis NZ open day also in Auckland.

Have been tidying up our website a bit in preparation - so we can actually give interested people the link without an apology - ooh, it's a bit of a work in progress.

Besides all that, I have an idea brewing for my art. And the first problem is finding some space to get creating. Our house is getting just a wee bit small (well, we're accumulating more and more stuff) and while I absolutely don't want to move anytime soon, I'm going to need to either downsize some furniture or find studio space elsewhere.

Next week we're going to a Halloween party to kick of a very busy November. Been working on the best way to do my costume... hopefully it'll turn out well on the day.

Since this blogging thing is clearly just becoming a place for me to throw tidbits for future reference, I won't bother trying to recap the past few weeks (months?) I've skipped over. Highlight of October has probably been going to see Gravity (twice), it is phenomenal! I'd go see it a third time if tickets weren't so absurdly expensive.

2 comments:

Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well done you! Gravity looks amazing- I'll need to make sure I see it x

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awesome job Alice! So many exciting things :)

I really hope that Rob and I can see you when we're in New Zealand in December! <3