Monday, October 01, 2012

Dotted Line

Hi, friends! It's all been a bit quiet around here for the past wee while, largely due to the fact I've been job hunting. I never try and conceal this blog from people obviously, and even included it in some of my applications when I thought it would be beneficial to me - I feel like it's a pretty accurate representation of myself as a person. But of course, I wanted to be a bit careful about what I was writing, particularly in terms of interviews I was attending and that sort of thing.

Anyway, the search is over! I interviewed for a job I realllly wanted on Thursday afternoon, and was called back with an offer within an hour. So thrilled and excited to get started next week. As with my previous job, it's not something I'll write about in any great detail on here - not because I think I'd ever write something that would get me in trouble but, as with my Twitter account, I don't want there to be any confusion - this is 100% my personal space.

Temping for the past week has been pretty enjoyable - really reenforced my enjoyment of reception work, which is a part of my new permanent role. Also, not having to get up at 5am (at the latest) anymore means I've totally checked another goal off my list, in wearing a decent outfit and applying make up every day for a whole work week.

Almost managed a full week of concealing the toilet in photos, too.

Some time this week I will get around to answering the non-art questions in a vlog, so if there's any last minute things you want to know, leave a comment.

I posted a photo of Wallace on Instagram the other day (no, really?) and Malaika provided the perfect caption (see right). He's the most ridiculous cat.

Nothing else to report, really. On Friday night I had dinner with Charlie, my parents, my younger sister and her boyfriend at Wholly Bagels. Hadn't had their pizza before, and it was pretty much amazing.

Other than that it's been a quiet weekend of washing and sleeping and catching up on X Factor USA (Willie Jones, Jennel Garcia and Nick Perelli; love). And I am so very excited for the Homeland and Dexter series' premieres tonight.

What are y'all looking forward to this week?

5 comments:

Teddi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

congratulations on the new job alice! i remember ,like a year ago, when you talked about the old job. anyway, i hope the new job is exactly what you want and need. :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your facial expressions in those photos crack me up. Congrats on the job. By the way, I love love love your header with the ties.

Alice Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Bettina Haha thank you - and they're my "quick snap before someone else enters the bathroom and I get embarrassed" expressions :-P

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats doll! So happy for you :)

Suzy Krause said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

congrats on the new job! yay money and stuff!