Thursday, August 09, 2012

Blarg

Hey guys! Lately I've most certainly qualified for a bad blogger award. But as bad as I feel about that, I guess it's a 'sorry, not sorry' kind of situation really. Frankly, I just haven't felt like writing, posing, photographing... sharing. The thing I struggle with is that there are things in my life I don't feel comfortable writing about on here at this stage, and while these things are going on it's difficult to push it aside and post airy substance-less things as if I don't have a care in the world. It feels very false, and does nothing to benefit me. As much as I appreciate all of you guys reading, I blog because I enjoy it, and when I'm not enjoying it I tend to avoid it.

I don't want to worry you all, really. I am fine, things are getting better and better every day, and my family and Charlie are wonderful as always. I've been doing a bit of artwork, and have lots of ideas. Although I'm now literally in the dark, as instead of buying an expensive bulb for my desk lamp I got a cheap one from The Warehouse, along with its recommended bulb. It was fine for a couple of days, then the other night I went to readjust it and I guess the damn thing over heated; it sparked, I shrieked, and not only did the bulb blow but so did a fuse!

I think I'll put together a few more posts over this weekend, so I have some things to share with you to get me back in a blogging routine. Thanks for your patience! Here are some recent Instagram photos for those of you who haven't seen them already.


1. Creeps outside the bathroom window at my parents' house. 2. The most relaxed cat in the world. 3. Wallace cuddle and pink lipstick. 4. Painting before the bulb blew. 5. A quick drawing of Hattie Watson. 6. The biggest poser cat in the world.

4 comments:

Ness said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad to hear that you are okay.

I definitely know what you mean about having stuff that is going on in your life that you really can't blog about. Then the "light" blogs seem pale in comparison to what's happening.

I love the picture of you and Wallace. Too cute. And of course you know that I LOVE Wallace.

xx

Hugs from Auckland.

Teddi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that's your quick drawing? i don't think i could ever tire of looking at your art, alice. :) is this like the 1 millionth time i've said it? the creeps looking in the window made me laugh. the cuddle made me smile. if you don't feel like blogging, writing, sharing, or you're too tired, overwhelmed, or sick, then spend your energy doing what makes you feel best.

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad to hear you're doing okay. You know you can always send me an email if you want to vent about something you don't want to put on your blog! <3

Phoebe said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

omg omg omg. The one of him pointing his toes makes my life.