Thursday, June 07, 2012

Snow Envy

A few of my overseas Instagram followers have been surprised to discover we're trucking on into winter here in New Zealand. The news reports are weather, weather, weather this week after a large amount of snow fell in parts of the South Island yesterday. I'm hoping we'll get lots of snow again in the lower North Island this year, but I guess it's unlikely to happen right in the city again.

Early yesterday morning (pre-dawn) when I got up for work it was raining heavily, and a bright flash of lightning through the bathroom window gave me a huge fright in the shower! A few more flashes and loud rumbles, and then it was all gone again... leaving us with drizzle and icy wind. Yay.

Anyway, one of my favourite NZ bloggers, Jo at Lost in the Haze, has posted some beautiful outfit photos taken in the snow yesterday - go and check them out.


4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It's sooo cold right?! That thunder shook my room so much. I'm jealous I'm not back home down south for the snow, it would have been fun - but I'm glad because it means ski season is going to be amazing!

x Olivia
www.theblackpeony.com

Kristina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I just recently moved to the Southern Hemisphere, so currently I am pretty jealous of the nice weather back home in Europe. No snow though here in Melbourne, only wind and rain!! Enjoy your winter :)

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I do not miss snow. I got so much of it in Maine I'm ready for some snow-free winters. Love that photo, and it's so weird to me that June-July-August are winter months for you guys.

Holly Knitlightly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hha it's funny, it's pretty much summer here & I'm glad because I get to go swimming in the pool & do lots of things outside... but I kind of want snow, too! We didn't get much of a winter, so maybe that's why. I hope you guys get the snow that you want!! :) Snow is fun, haha.