Thursday, June 07, 2012

Encyclopaedia of my Week

AFGHAN - New Zealand iced chocolate biscuit traditionally topped with a walnut, and now on sale in work's vending machine. I approve. I consume. I dispose of the walnut.

BALLS - Up to interpretation when it comes to my new favourite ad.

BEANIE - Knitted hat. The gorgeous raspberry one I got from Holly Knitlightly has been saving my ears from a great deal of pain in Wellington's cold winds.

BEROCCA - Dissolving multivitamin tablet, and my "energy drink" of choice most days this week. Blue V has been taking too many coins from my purse, so it's time for a break.

BREAD - A baked food. There's a man at the convenience store I stop at before work who regularly gives me almost-expired loaves - free toast is always much appreciated.

CUSHION - Square fabric case with a soft fiber filling. My office chair's new companion and my back's very best friend.

GC, THE - Controversial TV show about New Zealanders living on the Gold Coast of Australia. It's certainly not a show to take seriously (although this blog post is thought-provoking) and most people I know hate it - I guess Jersey Shore trashiness meets The Hills production style could be the best way to describe it to those of you overseas (or you can watch the short promo on YouTube here). At risk of being ostracised by a couple of my friends, I have to admit that I haven't missed an episode. "No you didn't, you didn't come around to the table. You just sat there like a little parrot." "Well. What kind of parrot?" "It's irrelevant. It's irrelevant what type of parrot."

HAIR - Threadlike strands growing from human scalps. I straightened Charlie's last night, don't tell him I told you. He's been growing it for a while now and because it's as curly as mine naturally and he's been tying it back, neither of us realised just how long it has become!

HAM - Cured pig meat. The Childhood Favourites ham and butter sandwiches from Wishbone sure hit the spot today at lunch time.

MANDARIN - Orange fruit. The first thing I've eaten most days this week.

PALMOLIVE - Hygiene brand. I've used many of their body wash and moisturiser products, but only just tried their shampoo and conditioner because it was cheap at New World and Shaaanxo had recommended it on YouTube. I've only used it once, but it definitely made my hair a lot smoother and shinier than the Garnier stuff I'd been using up after an emergency trip to the local dairy.

POKER - Card game. My current favourite gaming app is Zynga Poker, though it irritates me that you can't find players you already know unless you joined through Facebook which I didn't.

PROMOTION - Work advancement. I don't think I told you that Charlie got promoted at his work. It had been a "maybe-hopefully" thing for a while, so we were both really pleased when it was confirmed. Like a baws.

SCANDAL - American TV show. I watched all seven episodes of season one over the weekend and thought it was great and Kerry Washington's character's wardrobe is so sharp. "Take off your clothes." And give them to me!

SLOW COOKER - Cooking appliance. Charlie's mum gave us one a few weeks ago and I've very quickly become a big fan. That thing is the best reward when coming home hungry and sleepy after work.

TAURANGA - New Zealand city. My friend Sarah has booked me flights to go and visit her there at the end of the month, so that is something I'm really looking forward to.

WALLACE - Beloved feline. He's been feeling the cold a bit I think, because he's been extra persistent in pinning us to chairs with cuddles. He's also taken to sleeping on a pillow between our heads during the night - and quickly shuffling over to my pillow if I get up for a drink.

6 comments:

Suzy Krause said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

haha, i love this idea! cute.

hungryandfrozen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cool idea. I'm envious of your Wallace, luckily I have several beanies to keep me warm!

Glad to hear Scandal's good, I've been planning on checking it out.

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this idea! I may just steal it. :)

Sam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I too love this idea :) So much more fun than 'currently' posts! x

Holly Knitlightly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hahahhahahaha oh my god that balls commercial!!! do they actually play that on TV there? BAHAHAHA! HILARIOUS!!

So glad you like your hat!! :) I don't think I'll be wearing any of mine for a while, ahha. TOO hot.

Haha I looooooooove cheesy shows like that... I watch those REal Housewives shows. Well, not all of them. I keep meaning to watch the others. The only one I've really watched was Beverly Hills. Oh and DC. Ha. I think I would enjoy the GC.

Loved this post!

Alice Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Holly Knitlightly I haven't watched any Real Housewives!! I know a couple have screened here but I'll get onto that I'm sure it'd be just my kind of trash TV. Haha yeah it's causing major controversy in Australia, haven't heard much about it here yet. Also we have tampon ads with beaver innuendo. Fun times!