Friday, February 18, 2011

Salmon Pizza

Salmon pizza is most definitely my favourite meal to cook when I'm feeling lazy. It's not particularly cheap, nor especially healthy, but it's d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s served with a side of lettuce and French dressing.

I buy pre-made Pam's pizza bases, because they're cheap, taste good, and mean the pizzas can be ready in less than fifteen minutes, with no worries about failed dough. Spread the bases with lite cream cheese in lieu of tomato paste. Add thinly sliced Camembert or Brie cheese, lots of shaved salmon, sliced black olives and/or caper berries. Season with freshly cracked sea salt and peppercorns, and bake in the oven at 200°C (392°F according to Google) for around ten minutes. I tend to watch them cooking like a hawk (alongside Wallace) because I'm impatient and I don't trust my oven. I prefer them when the bases are hot but still quite soft, and only have a light crust around the edge.

I made two last night, and we ate one for dinner, and I'm having some of the second one for my work lunch today. The best thing about these pizza leftovers is when they haven't been cooked for too long, they taste awesome cold the next day.

Don't forget to enter my art giveaway by 'liking' my artist fanpage here and tagging yourself!

0 comments: