Thursday, January 13, 2011

Janvier

I am happy to tell you that after four days I am loving my new job! I am working as a broadcast monitor now, summarising news bulletins, talkback, and other current events-related broadcasts. Lots to learn, but I feel I'm doing pretty well.

The big news story at the moment is the Queensland floods. It's crazy that so many of the places affected are where Charlie and I were having an amazing holiday at the start of last month. Incredibly sad.

Nothing much to report I'm afraid! Just getting used to getting up early (my work day starts at 6am) which is so far so good. It's amazing being finished work mid-afternoon!  I've also been reading a lot- working my way through the Wally Lamb book I bought, and I also picked up the fourth Tomorrow book yesterday. I'm in serious need of ANOTHER bookshelf!

Please forgive me for the grainy webcam photos on this post- I haven't charged my digicam batteries. I tried to get Wallace to pose for me, but the first shot was the only slight success. Wiggly little critter.

2 comments:

Wildfell Hall Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

good luck in new job, sounds pretty exciting to me! watching the flood footage is so sad, my heart goes out to them....p..s nice glasses from one glass wearing girl to another!

Sarah-Rose said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE your glasses. Completely adorable.