Saturday, November 20, 2010

Depth

Yesterday I was described in passing as a "dark horse", which is totally true and I like that.

I write about all sorts of stuff on here, because it's easy, and editable. It's in a public domain, and I write knowing absolutely anyone can read it. But in real life, when you meet me, it's going to take a long time to learn about all the little pieces of my life- the things that make me who and how I am. That includes so many things- past experiences, the most dramatic parts of my life, through to menial things, like my interests.

It's not that I have a problem with sharing any part of my life (obviously), and if someone asks, then I tell. But I'm quiet by nature, by choice I don't often speak unless spoken to, and I'm just not a person who will spill my guts about everything.

I have no problem with (and actually a lot of admiration for) people who are confident and willing to talk about themselves. But at the same time, I like that I surprise people. I like that people I've only just met will develop an opinion of who I am, and the longer they stick around and get to know me, the more they're going to find out. And likely, their perception of me is going to alter a bit.

1 comments:

Liz Says So said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Amen, sister. Privacy is seriously underrated these days.