Monday, January 07, 2013

Start

Hello hello, glad to see you too made it to 2013. I've been getting a few reminder emails about renewing this domain name before the end of the month, so I figured I better bloody get back into the blogging habit to make the payment worthwhile. Rather than New Years resolutions (which I'd never keep), I've just set myself some weekly (or fortnightly) goals; blog weekly, draw weekly, save fortnightly etc. If I can sail into 2014 with 52 drawings behind me, I'll be pretty damn pleased with myself.

I'll skim through the highlights of late December; starting with Christmas, which was spent in Martinborough with Charlie's family and my family for lunch. Cosy. We had one of the greatest lunches ever, and it was so, so hot all day (I even napped. This never happens on Christmas). I got lots of nice gifts, and everyone seemed super pleased with the things I bought them. New Year's Eve was quiet but good; beers, Scrabble (I won) and Charades with a couple of friends. I missed the memo about the waterfront fireworks being cancelled in the late afternoon due to wind, so that was a little disappointing at midnight, but it was still a good night.

Our friend Dylan stayed with us for the past few days while down from Auckland, which was really fun. Many a football and basketball video game was played by him and Charlie, but we managed to have a good night out on Friday too - I finally got to see Skyfall, and then we had a bunch of drinks.

I'd only heard good things about Skyfall, and I loved it. Though reading reviews afterwards, looks like it's a love-or-hate one. I definitely want to see a lot more movies in the cinema this year. Especially Django Unchained. And I just saw Starbuck's being remade with Cobie Smulders? Okay, sure.

This year I'm looking forward to other entertainment things, as usual. The end of Breaking Bad, most importantly. I'm currently watching through the first half of season five again in preparation. I'm hoping to see the Phantom of the Opera here in Wellington with some friends - depending on how soon I can afford to buy a ticket really. In addition to trying to save decent chunks of my pay for life, I'm saving what I can with friends in the hopes of going on an overseas holiday in the next couple of years.

Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I'll go do something else. It's the 7th of January, which means I have successfully blogged once for one week of 2013. Good start. Will try harder though.

2 comments:

Suzy Krause said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

even if you post a picture of some of your artwork once a week, i'll be happy. :)

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad to see you back :) Breaking Bad is so awesome. I wish it wasn't ending but excited to see everything it happens.