Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Eleven

I've done this before but I'll do it again as I was tagged by Caitlin (thanks for providing 80% of my blog's content lately). I'm answering the questions she was asked too, just because. And if you want to join in, consider yourself "tagged".

11 Facts About Me
  1. I can lie down and watch TV or read for hours, but if I'm sitting upright I need to be doing something more interactive, like drawing or playing on my phone.
  2. My older sister and I have the same middle name, but it's a coincidence (colour you intrigued?)
  3. I recently spent almost an entire day learning to recite the 50 US states in alphabetical order in one breath. Just because.
  4. I plan and practice future or hypothetical conversations in my head while showering.
  5. The only superficial thing I would instantly change about my body is my hairline.
  6. I'm terrified of accidental death... because I need to know what happens at the end of my favourite TV shows.
  7. I once had to sign a police officer's written summary of my witness statement after a traffic accident. Before doing so I corrected all her spelling errors because I am kind of a dick.
  8. I've never had a vegetarian phase.
  9. I wear grey clothes a lot.
  10. I've promised myself I'll never go flatting again. I'm just no good at it.
  11. My first cell phone was the Sony Ericsson T206, and I didn't even have to Google that because I wanted it for sooo long before my parents finally agreed to let me have it.
21 Questions
  1. What has been your biggest struggle in life? Illness; ankylosing spondylitis and depression.
  2. If I moved to your town, what are the top five tips you'd give me? Wait for the green pedestrian light before crossing the road or at least look both ways, ALWAYS (we have way too many people hit by buses in the CBD). Don't hunt for a rental property or flat near the start of a calendar year unless you are truly every landlord's dream (uni student competition is a nightmare). Dress to the weather conditions in the morning, but be prepared for the absolute opposite weather if you're going out for the day. If you don't have a car, getting your groceries delivered is way cheaper and easier than shopping at the central supermarkets and catching a taxi. I've never been, but apparently the Sunday markets are totally worth sacrificing some sleep-in time.
  3. If next year only had one month, which would you choose? 365 days of...? February, because it usually has the hottest weather.
  4. If you had 24 hours to live, and you weren't wasting your time by freaking out about dying- what would you do and WHO would you spend your time with (and you have to spend it someone other than your significant other)? Obviously I'd hang out with my family. 24 hours isn't a terribly long time, so perhaps I'd do some skydiving.
  5. If you were a character in a novel, who would you be? Clare Abshire from The Time Traveler's Wife or Olive Alexandropoulos from Willow Tree and Olive.
  6. What is your favorite dessert? Mum's Trifle.
  7. What is your favorite ethnic cuisine? Does Mexican count?
  8. The first song that comes to mind is: Your Man by Josh Turner because after I heard Willie Jones sing it on X Factor USA I've been playing it. A lot.
  9. What is your greatest contribution to friendships/relationships? Damn it, the interview questions are over. I think I'm pretty good/patient when listening to people have a good ol' vent about their problems.
  10. You won an unlimited gift card to any store. Which do you choose? Kirkcaldie & Stains (Wellington department store)
  11. What are you looking forward to the most in the next year? Starting my new job, going to a wedding next month, paying my parents back, hopefully having some weekends away.
  12. If you could instantly become a virtuoso at any instrument, what would it be? If singing/vocals counts then definitely that. Otherwise... guitar or something.
  13. If you could instantly become fluent in a language, what would it be? My initial thought was French or Portuguese, but actually probably Te Reo Maori or one of the Chinese languages for employment purposes.
  14. If you are from the US, what is your state motto? If you aren't from the US, write the best line from your national anthem. I just Googled our anthem's English lyrics and discovered four extra verses I've never heard before in my life. Have they been dropped because we sing the Te Reo version too, or are all anthems secretly longer? Anyway, from the verse I already knew it's pretty boring so I guess the best line is: "Guard Pacific's triple star, from the shafts of strife and war."
  15. What is your vice? Cigarettes and chocolate.
  16. Where is the absolute last place you'd ever want to live? Anywhere with an indoor-slug problem (never again, the terror). And Palmerston North.
  17. What is the best thing about living in your town/city? How compact it is - everything in the CBD and surrounding suburbs is within walking distance.
  18. If you could get paid well to do anything, what would it be? Draw.
  19. What do you most look forward to about fall (or if you're in another hemisphere, spring!)? Nothing, I've decided I strongly dislike spring in Wellington (although the past few days have had beautiful weather). In the Wairarapa I like the lambs.
  20. If I came to visit you, what's the first touristy thing in your town (or nearby-ish) that you'd bring me to? It probably wouldn't be the very first thing, but as soon as I could I'd take you to my hometown/region to do the beach, vineyard, mountain thang.
  21. Who is your favorite author? Mark Z Danielewski.

4 comments:

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yay! Glad you did this too :) I'd love to hear the story of your middle name, and did you successfully say all the US states in one breath? If you'd like I can teach you the song we have to learn in Maine to remember all the counties.

ACharmedHour said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love so much that you said you'd never want to live in Palmerston North. I'm from Wanganui, and even I'd answer Palmerston North with little to no thought!

Nova said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My sister and I have the same middle name too, but it's because my parents FORGOT it was my middle name when they named her!! hahaha they'll never admit it but it's true.

Sara Lucinda Bell said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I always love these! I'm definitely very curious about the middle name thing now!
My mom and I have the same middle name, but that was planned. =]