Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cora Blimey



I stayed up rather late last night. No, not partying, who do you think I am? I created this drawing of superbabe fashion model Cora Emmanuel. I'm not one of those people who swoons over natural light when it comes to art, for some reason I just can't concentrate during the daytime. I get impatient and end up unhappy with whatever I produce. I like drawing once the sun's gone down, and there's just the city lights outside, and my art desk is lit by only a lamp and the glow from a reference image on my computer. I spent about four hours on this drawing which seems excessive looking at the image above as I type but first of all I'm my own worst critic, and second of all my camera hasn't picked up all the tones on her face that are visible in person. Actually it was the first time in years I've got a cramp in my hand while drawing.

Anyway, she's for sale in my Etsy store now. Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend, despite the weather for you Wellingtonians.

PS: I know, the title of this post is probably the lamest I've ever done. But Cora, cor blimey, Emmanuel, I couldn't not. Also, thinking of post titles is pretty much my single biggest challenge when it comes to blogging. I almost wish I'd started just numbering them.

4 comments:

laura fox gill said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh lovely eyes! creating at night is better, I think it's because there isn't as much of a sense of time passing (it doesn't get dark cos its already dark) so you can get lost in it more easily x

Teddi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

alice, it's exceptional! 4 hours for the detail, & quality of the drawing seems like a short time to me.

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good god, Alice, this is amazing! I'm so impressed! It's amazing.

Sara Lucinda Bell said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Holy cow, this is awesome! I would love to have even HALF your talent!!