Friday, March 09, 2012

Bleating

Woohoo, we finally have the internet at home! Definitely didn't take as long as I'd feared... but still two missed expected connection dates which isn't at all impressive. I guess this means the move is officially over, and I have no excuse not to unpack the last few boxes of clothes... next week.
Actually, as Twitter followers may know, this move has been pretty much a massive pain in the butt, and I probably would have lost the plot if our new place wasn't so fabulous. I was going to go into all the problems we encountered, but I really don't think anyone cares to read about that and now it's all over the anger has kind of left me.
In a brief summary for curious New Zealand readers: moving power with Powershop was so stressful on the day (waiting to be connected), but a couple of days ago after a few bitchy emails and Tweets we got an apology and a credit from them so that's all resolved and I'm happy. Over all they are a great power provider, so hopefully this was just a one-off muck up (most likely due to us having a smartmeter). We moved our possessions with Coolmoves, and while the movers were awesome and efficient, their office email communication left a lot to be desired. No ongoing issue, just added stress on the day. We moved internet with Slingshot and they were predictably slow and irritating to deal with - severe lack of communication when it comes to arranging the physical connection with Chorus... really, who the hell can be home at 12pm on a Monday with only half an hour's notice? Oh well, it's resolved now. If we could afford a different ISP we would, but guess you get what you pay for and we need the data they can (eventually) provide.
In summary, Twitter is by far the best resource when it comes to getting companies/services to take action and fix problems. My email complaints led to unconcerned responses, but getting my Twitter blast on helped resolve most issues within hours if not minutes. Excellent.
This weekend Charlie and two of his friends are having a boys' weekend, which in their world means a lot of junk food and the newly-released Street Fighter X Tekken. It's pretty cute, but I wanted to escape the occasional raging so I'm catching a bus tonight to stay with my sister Emily for the weekend and cannot wait! Will also mean I can cross another goal off my list - but I really do want to see you, Em! Haha.
Also, I didn't write anything to accompany a video I posted yesterday because I was in a rush to vacate Charlie's computer so the screen could be used for gaming... but if you haven't seen it, go check it out.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad you have internet and glad you guys are getting settled in! Welcome home :)

Han said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Welcome home lovely :) Glad all the internet is sorted now :) You're right about twitter being the right place to complain/get stuff sorted - it's got such an audience that companies have to fix stuff or suffer the consequences of bad ratings - I got my old mobile handset fully refunded (£400ish) having made complains across twitter and to the companies customer service and when I pointed out that it hadn't been sorted over a six month period they got a cheque sent out to me - there were some other issues like the cheque didn't arrive so they organised a bank transfer and I went into my network store rather than the store I had been dealing with and had a new phone sorted within about half an hour. It was scary paying out that much for a new phone in one go - I half expected my card to get rejected lol.