Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Answers, Part 2

What band would you like to see in concert?
I really can't think of a band I'm dying to see... in terms of musicians though, I very much want to see Kate Miller-Heidke who is Australian.

What was your favorite concert?
I haven't been to many concerts (besides teenage music festivals and small gigs) - I've seen the Rolling Stones, David Byrne, and Rufus Wainwright. They were all fabulous, but Rufus was the best because we'd been waiting to see him for so long - we bought tickets to his NZ International Arts Festival concert, but it was then cancelled due to his mother's death. We got to see him (and meet him) in 2010, it was magic.

Who did you see for your first concert? How old were you?
The first concert I went to without my parents was either the last Summer Jam or first Edgefest, I can't quite remember. It was around 2003-2004, and I went to see New Zealand band Zed, who I was head over heels in love with. They're still babes today, but it was the extent of my obsession that's the cringe-worthy part. Loser.

Is there a song that you think of as your anthem?
I don't know if I have one. I really liked this to sing this one a couple of years ago, but it's no longer relevant to my life (still love the song).


Do you prefer salty or sweet things?
Love both, but salty if I could only have one.

What are your favorite scents?
If you mean fragrances I'm definitely the wrong person to ask - I've had a few perfumes I've been given that I love, but they're not something I've ever spent money on. In terms of general smells I like... orange and sandalwood essential oil, cooked chicken, general farmy smells, barbeques... haha, I don't know.

Are you sick of these invasive questions yet?
Not now I'm answering them in blog posts! A video took forever - too much rambling.

What people have a big influence in your life and why?
I don't exactly know how to answer this. Primarily my parents - I've learned the most important things from them. Also someone asked for the single most influential person and it's a tie between my parents, really - they are awesome.

What were your best and worst school subjects?
Right through school my best subject was English. I was pretty crap at French, but I liked it anyway. I didn't like most science and maths classes, although I tended to have awesome teachers in the subjects I hated, and crap teachers in my favourite subjects.

What or where is your favourite spot in Wellington and why?
Besides my house... anywhere around the airport. At the airport. Beside the airport. By the runway. On the hills above the airport. Because I love watching the planes, obviously. Also there's a spot I love but haven't been to in years so it could be gross now - just good memories. Up the top of Rolleston Street there's a park, and this one clearing had such a great view of the harbour... but, y'know, I have that at my house now. Hehe.

What is your favorite outfit to wear?
I don't think I have a number one favourite outfit... the pink-and-grey poppies dress shown several times here is probably my favourite dress because I love the print, even though it's one of the cheapest items I own.

What is your job?
I don't really write about my job in detail, just because I don't want to get in trouble. It's no secret or anything, but you know - companies have social media policies etc. which extends to blogging. It's 100% computer work, has minimal colleague interaction, and a lot of typing.

Does it bother you that I refer to your blog as 'nice ties?' What is the origin of your blog name?
I won't get my nose out of joint about that one, because it's nice you're referring to me at all, Anonymous... I can't really remember why I decided on Niceties in the first place, but it's been my username for a whole bunch of things since my late teens. I know I wanted to find a single word that was available as a username for something, but I can't remember what it was. Sorry, boring. It makes me sound like a super polished perfectionist though, right? My online alter ego. 

Does your blog have a 'mission statement?' If not, how would you describe its purpose - to its readers, to a stranger at a party, to a work mate, to your BFF?
No, it doesn't. And I probably should have a wee tag line or something. But really, I don't want to restrict myself at this point in time. I like being able to post whatever the heck I want, and not having to justify it or try and tie it back to a theme. I'm having a hard enough time deciding on one thing that I want to do as a paid career, so I really don't want to restrict myself in something that I just do for fun. As for describing its purpose - I guess I'd be flailing around for an answer, as above. I just write stuff - about me. And post my art. Sometimes babes. My photos too, when I can be bothered - mostly of my cat. Some people seem to like it [insert Daily Grace grin here]

I guess part of me would like to have a blog that features only art or only photos or something, so I could appeal to a specific audience. But I just like too many things.

2 comments:

Teddi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

alice, thanks for the answers. i agree with you %100 about the lack of mission statement & whatever interests you. that's how i feel about my blog too. :)

Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am also mission statement-less! I just think of too many things that I want to put on my blog so it ends up a jumble.
I also love the pattern of that dress. It certainly doesn't look cheap! x