Saturday, February 11, 2012

Family Time





There can't be many better ways to eat than outside in the sun with your family. My parents and sister came down this afternoon and we ate an amazing lunch at my aunt's house. We had beautiful smoked fish, salads, and some game meat that, well, I wasn't game enough to try.

This evening I had dinner with my parents at Gasworks in Miramar, so I am seriously stuffed right now! It's been a great day.

I've made a start on packing for the move... packing books is the worst! Why do I have so many again? But we have a good stock of boxes now and the moving company is all booked in so hopefully things will run quite smoothly. Only a week and a bit to go!

I went to my first te reo Maori class on Wednesday evening. I was feeling pretty tired after work but I'm so glad I scraped together the energy to go along because it was really fun! We did a few awkward 'ice breaker' games to start off with, and then went in to basic pronunciation and greeting stuff. Most of it came back to me from primary and intermediate classes but it's definitely good to get a refresher considering that was over ten years ago now (I can't believe it either). It's so nice to be in an environment where everyone's a beginner, and even though I internally groaned at having to speak in front of around 20 strangers, I was far more confident than I am in group work situations where I know everyone. No, I can't work out what goes on in my anxious mind either.

So since I cleverly listed my goal as 'start te reo Maori classes', I guess that means I can officially cross one goal off my list!

2 comments:

hungryandfrozen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That fish looks so delicious.
I love Gasworks - the garlic butter and onion rings that comes with their steak, OMG.
That's awesome that you're doing Te Reo classes, I really wanted to do that this year but didn't have the time. Will pursue it somehow though...

Holly Knitlightly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oooh all of that food looks so good!! Yum! I am a sucker for food photos, ha!

Eee, good luck with packing!!

That's awesome about the te reo Maori classes! I really want to learn another language. Ha public speaking totally freaks me out, too. I just go SO red. Even when I'm ordering at a restaurant sometimes! Haha so embarrassing!