Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Recreation

So glad I had good feedback on the new blog layout, thanks guys! Often when I look at a new look the next day I don't like it anymore, but I'm still happy with this one.

Today is has been my first day on holiday, and I'm finally almost feeling back to normal health-wise. It's so nice not having to go to bed early, to stay up as late as I like, and to wake up whenever I've had enough sleep, rather than when my alarm screeches at me before dawn.

Below I'm sharing some highlights from my Instagram over the past couple of days... mainly because I need to buy new rechargeable batteries for my camera, and almost everything I snap on my phone goes on Instagram. So sorry for those of you who follow me, and have seen this all before!


+ Wellington has given us a few precious summery days, though they've definitely been mixed with a disappointing number of overcast ones. This photo is of the sun setting after a beautiful, blue-sky day. + I've been listening to Lana Del Rey almost non-stop, though I only downloaded Video Games because I was feeling poor. I'll definitely be purchasing her album when it's released, and while I have seen her SNL performance on YouTube and agree it was terrible, she sounds no less than incredible in her recorded tracks.


+ I made chicken quesadillas with beetroot and feta salad for dinner a few days ago. So delicious, but I need to remember to buy more ingredients in the future because there are so many tortillas to use in one pack. + As usual, Charlie did my Humira shot last night. It hurt, as usual, so I stuck a Batman plaster on the injection site. + I can't stop snapping photos of my blonde hair! I've been washing with purple toner shampoo and it's made a slight difference, but I've ordered a Directions toner online which will hopefully arrive tomorrow and get rid of the brassy bits. I had lots of positive comments on Facebook on a photo which looked like I'd cut it as well as dyed it, and it is tempting- would get rid of all the ends which were red-brown from when I dyed my hair black a couple of years ago. But it was such a big step cutting it to shoulder-length, I don't think I can bring myself to do it! One thing I do like though is that to me, blonde curls look a lot nicer than brunette. So maybe I won't be straightening quite so much. Maybe.


+ This photo of Wallace's fangs got, I think, the most 'like's I've ever had on Instagram. He's such good company. + Today Charlie and I got up around midday, and then watched Tabatha's Salon Takeover and Jeremy Kyle. The girl on screen looked like she could be a model, but when she opened her mouth her voice made my ears sad. Her baby-daddy slept with her sister though, so you have to sympathise. Love that ridiculous show. + Charlie and I were both waiting for Trade Me purchases to arrive, but when he checked the letterbox he discovered the Eyes of Common ring I won from Wallace Chapman's blog had arrived! It's so pretty and shiny, and I'm pretty sure I'll be sharing it with Charlie now he's seen it close up.


+ I threw away a bunch of old make up and non-sentimental knick knacks today, as well as putting a bunch of old clothes into a bag to take to the Salvation Army. I found an old bow tie I bought for Wallace, so put it around his neck, though he wouldn't stay still enough for me to take a very good photo. I love how his white chest fur looks like a lace cravat. + I also painted my nails, and used a Jordana top coat Emily gave me last week. It actually works brilliantly, and really does dry in 60 seconds. + The last photo is of Charlie's Xbox avatar. It really does look like him, right down to the rosy cheeks. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

7 comments:

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your layout! And all your pictures of course.

Holly Knitlightly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That ring is awesome. Love that you put a batman bandaid over where you got your needle! :)

Glad you're feeling a bit better!

Joeystreet said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yay for the topcoat and batman plaster haha!! You should play kinect or try and get it cheap from trademe, my flatmate brought hers here and we all love it! Aww Wallace is always so photogenic

Alice Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks... Joey...?!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wallace is adorable... it's making me wish we were allowed pets in our apartment!

Also, those quesadilla sound amazing, i hate beetroot, but I may have to try that out sometime!

Phoebe said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the new blog layout Alice. The photo of you and Wallace is totes too adorable. Also, I am really liking your blonde! Post a pic of blonde curls!

Tara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I really like the layout :)
Happy to hear you are feeling better too.