Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Q&A

Angel made from a Readers' Digest, see question six. Thanks to Dad for the photo. And the face too, if I recall correctly.
Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Have never tried egg nog. Neither of these is a particularly common Christmas drink here to my knowledge- you'd most likely find me sipping on a lemonade or beer.

Colored lights on tree/house or white? Decorating your home with lights is getting more popular every year, but we just have a few on the tree at my parents' house and sometimes fairy lights in a window.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I remember my sister and I woke up in the wee hours and checked our sacks, and we'd been given those elastics you play skipping games with. So we tested them out and all the jumping around woke up our parents.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't really remember. I was suspicious for a while, but didn't really want to know the truth. It was something that crept up on me, rather than a shocking discovery.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope, not allowed! But Charlie and I are so bad at presents- as soon as we buy each other something we end up giving it that day.

What tops your tree? Used to be an angel I made out of a Reader's Digest when I was about nine years old, but I think it's probably too heavy for my parents' artificial one now.

Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. Of course I like getting presents, but we very much unwrap presents one-at-a-time, so you're really in the spotlight when unwrapping something!

What is your favorite Christmas song? The Pogues' Fairytale of New York and Cliff Richard's Mistletoe and Wine. And I'm one of those people who never tires of Snoopy's Christmas. My favourite carol is We Three Kings of Orient Are, mainly because of the Fred Dagg version Dad used to sing... sorry, can't find it on YouTube

Favorite gift received as a child? A Hunchback of Notre Dame Esmeralda doll. I'd wanted it for ages.

Hardest person to buy for? Kind-of Charlie, because he's a little picky (it's okay, I've told him this). But he's also easy if I just wanna get him Batman and/or Bearbrick stuff for every event.

Easiest person to buy for? My sister, Emily. I really like what I've bought her this year!

Favorite Christmas movie? Does The Holiday count? That was on TV the other night and I really love Kate Winslet. I think Miracle on 34th Street was my favourite as a kid.

When do you start shopping for Christmas? I bought for Charlie and Emily earlier this month, but still haven't done any more! I do have some ideas though and will go after work today. I hate crowds, so I am my own worst enemy leaving it so late.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything. Chocolate and cherries and croissants and ham and trifle and salads and just eating, all day.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I admit I Googled to find out how many there are (nine), and could name Dancer, Prancer, Donna, Blitzen, Rudolph, Comet and Vixen. Forgot Dasher, didn't even know there was a Cupid.

Most annoying thing about this time of year? Children, everywhere, on summer holiday. Actually no, in the city children aren't so bad, it's the tweens and teens that really get to me. JUST SHUT UP. And walk two abreast on the footpath, max. You shrill, inconsiderate, well-dressed fools.

What do you want for Christmas this year? I realised this too late to ask for it, but I want one of those vapour e-cigarettes. Will buy one this week, I think. I think not smoking at work will be reasonably easy, and then I can use that at home with Charlie until hopefully I don't want to any more. The Quit website quiz indicated it's the habit rather than nicotine addiction for me and I think I agree (I do have some nicotine stuff at home already just in case though). We'll see. Tobacco tax is going up again on New Year's Day, meaning a price increase of 14.6%. FML, pretty much. Anyway, how did this Christmas Q&A take such a grim turn? I don't really like asking for gifts any more, I just told Charlie to get me 'something cute', and he's given me polka-dot lanterns I wanted and a beautiful sketchbook (told you we suck at waiting to give gifts).

2 comments:

Teddi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that was fun to read alice. have a merry christmas dear! :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Electronic ciggies are so weird, have you tried one before?? It's weird how they charge up lol