Sunday, October 09, 2011

Sun Day




The weather is oddly amazing today, after being freezing and showery all week. Again; spring sucks! Too unpredictable for my liking. As always, it's so funny see every second post on my reader being about "fall" (we call it autumn) and pumpkins and... well, just orange stuff in general. I've seen lots of recipes for pumpkin pie posted, which I've never tried. I'm not really a fan of roast pumpkin, but I'm wondering whether I should give a sweet version a go... will let you know how it turns out if I do.

Our good friend Dylan is down from Auckland and staying with us for the weekend which is great. We went into town very briefly last night, into the post-Wales v Ireland/England v France fanzone madness. Although it all seemed surprisingly well-behaved. Didn't end up having a single drink as we had to come home again... lame story which can be summarised by saying we'll require a glazier on pay day haha...

Have watched a bit of TV while the boys play Madden- started on Pan Am which is fantastic so far! Obviously I'm biased towards anything flight attending, but it's visually stunning and seems like the storylines could develop quite well. Dylan also got me to watch Party Down, and as soon as I saw Lizzy Caplan was in it, I was sold. Am watching episode 6 as I type this. And of course I am SO EXCITED for the Breaking Bad season finale tomorrow night! It's so insanely good I've found myself literally clapping my hands with glee at times in past two episodes...

If you're a Queen fan and haven't seen this video yet, check it out- amazing.



And finally, I just came across this gorgeous mural by Graham Hoete on Facebook. So incredibly talented!



7 comments:

Teddi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

alice, beautiful photos! very nice dog mural artist share. that dude singing queen sounds awesome. i like his messy room with the 2 guitars. i laughed when he says "this is the guitar solo.

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I work across the road from that dog mural, there's a kitten one that goes with it which is a thousand times cuter. Have you seen it? I'll take a photo of it tonight for you. It's at a vet in Mt Maunganui.

Also that dude's voice is insanely Mercury-esque. Awesome!

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful pictures! I want to go to NZ right now!

Alice Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks guys- Caitlin I would looove to see the cat one! Can only see dogs on his Facebook page.

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hehe you can see it here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=238312422869363&set=a.194547353912537.46414.189283594438913&type=3&theater - i forgot to take my camera back to the mall tonight so i only got a shitty phone photo of it...this is better :)

Alice Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

AH, better investigative skills than I! So cute, I love them!

Rhiannon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You have got such a beautiful view!! I need to get back down to Wellington soon I think; an Auckland break ;)