Thursday, September 08, 2011

Leisure

I feel like I haven't written anything of substance in quite a while, so I'll attempt to change that some time this week! Although I suppose it's kind of a good thing, because it means I don't have anything to rant about. For now, here are a few things I've been keeping busy with lately.

Game of Thrones
Charlie watched the HBO series Game of Thrones through in about a week, and is now reading his way through the books. I've watched about five episodes so far. It's definitely not my genre of choice- I don't really enjoy any kind of medieval nor fantasy entertainment. It's well made, and there are some brilliant characters, but it's definitely not a series I would have sought out if Charlie didn't have it. I will keep watching though, because I do want to know what happens! Also, I realise it's her title, but 'Khaleesi' is such a pretty name. And Maisie Williams as Arya is adorable, her eyebrows are fantastic. If medieval fantasy is your thing, then I'm certain you'd adore this show.

Breaking Bad
I've also been watching the new season of my favourite show ever, Breaking Bad. Waiting for each Monday (New Zealand time) to swing around is torturous, although I guess it makes the whole back-to-work thing less painful. Intense, intelligent, tragic drama- that's definitely my preference. I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't been watching (watch, watch!) but this season is sooo good! Aaron Paul's acting is mesmerising, as always. I'm not really siding with any particular character so far this season, I just love them all and want shit to go downnn!

I've been doing some work on my Monthly Painters' Challenge submission as the reveal date is next week. Definitely have a lot of work left to do but I'm confident I'll make good progress over the weekend. Check back here next week to see it, or 'like' the MPC Facebook page to stay updated about everyone's work.

While working on my painting I've been listening to Kimbra's debut album Vows which was finally released last week. I was considering going all out and writing a proper review of it, but it seemed a little redundant to write an album review on the internet. Surely it's easier for you to click some links to YouTube and listen to it yourself? I've listened to it about 10 times since I got it, and her singles are still my favourite tracks. The album version of Settle Down is even better than the version on YouTube in my opinion, and I also love Cameo Lover and Good Intent.

And lastly, I'm reading Divergent by Veronica Roth- following Lauren's recommendation on this post, I ordered it on Trade Me. I've only just started, currently on chapter two. I guess when I say I don't like fantasy it's not entirely true- I definitely enjoy futuristic worlds, dystopian fiction... oh, and films about aliens. Anyway, so far so good with this book, and I'll definitely write a review once I've finished it. I know Lauren's blog is well-followed, so is anyone else reading this book at the moment (or already read it)?

Image source one.
Image source two.

2 comments:

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i am addicted to game of thrones! my boyfriend and i agreed that we are naming our daughter khaleesi LOL. i really want to read the books too since books are always better! you really need to continue to watch you'll love it!

Sam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Arya is awesome! She's such a little badass, if I ever have a little girl I want her to be just like Arya! :)