Thursday, August 11, 2011

9. Tattoos. If you have one, post it and its story. If not, what do you want?


I have two tattoos, both done here in Wellington, both technically incomplete. My thigh was done by Kev Dunne when he was at Tattoo City last year, and my arm was done by Simon Morse at ALC earlier this year.

They don't have 'stories', as such. The cat was done freehand from a photo of my old cat Vodie, and the planes were drawn up by Simon. I love cats, I love planes. The cat has a bit of significance to me that you can read about here, but like a lot of non-tattooed people I've encountered I took it way too seriously when I got my first one. I definitely plan to get more in the future- above the knee on my legs, above the elbow on my arms, maybe my back once I've run out of space. I want to stick to places I can easily cover until I'm considerably older, and have decided where my working life is heading. I love them both, and to be honest the only thing I wish is that I could look at them myself more often!

5 comments:

Christie Wright said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awesome tats!! Simon morse rocks! He'll be doing my tat when I decide what I want. Just the tattoo tho. The artist Foothead is who I want designing it :)

Another Diamond Day said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I don't have any and I am contempleting having one done... just need to find a good inspiration for a subject... I love yours! I love the cat one! x

Elly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The problem with ink I find is that its addictive. I have a Mad Hatter above my left ankle, and since then I've done nothing but plan for more!

Sam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yay for cat tattoos! :)

Devon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have a bird half-sleeve, and a half-done floral back piece.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eating_ghosts/5473319910/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eating_ghosts/5472725997/

Mostly done by Brendan Smith, except my biggest bird which i got in Oregon from Ryan Mason when i was travelling :)

I lovelove you cat portrait! I've been wanting my cats name for a while, just trying to work it in somewhere.