Saturday, August 06, 2011

6. Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.

30 interesting facts! You tricky bastard question-writer. I'll try, but no promises.

  1. I was born on Wednesday 17 May 1989. I just Googled that date, and according to IMDb, Audrey Hepburn was on Good Morning America that day. We're not off to an interesting start.
  2. If I were a bit more obnoxious, my life goal would be to have the 1989 entry on this Wikipedia page. I have never thought so much about my birthday before, let's move on.
  3. I am an appalling singer. I auditioned for the choir at my primary school, and didn't get in.
  4. When I was a kid, I bit my fingernails like crazy. But didn't eat them cause that's disgusting. Haha. My Mum's friend told me any tiny bits of fingernails I swallowed would make a giant fingernail in my stomach, and that scared me for a while. When I quit biting my nails before I started high school, I stopped cold turkey- just told myself to stop, and did. Now I'm at the other extreme where I forget to cut them, and I end up with long unmanicured claws. Pretty attractive.
  5. This is a photo of me taken last night. I quite like it but didn't know where to put it.
  6. I've never had a filling... but then again I haven't been to the dentist since I turned 18 (the age free dental care ends in NZ).
  7. I want to visit the USA so, so badly. But at the same time I can't even save money for a domestic flight. Sometimes I spend a couple of hours randomly clicking US states and dropping myself into Street View. I remember a Baby-Sitters Club book which says Mary-Anne has a crush on New York City- pretty sure I have a crush on the entire nation.
  8. I am a pretty good speller, except for when it comes to the word 'necessary'.
  9. I lived in the same house until I moved out of home at 17 years old.
  10. Since then, I have moved house nine times.
  11. I have not yet mastered chopsticks. It's a little embarrassing.
  12. The most famous person I have met is Rufus Wainwright.
  13. I've seen 2/3 of my favourite musicians in concert (Rufus Wainwright and David Byrne). Therefore Kate Miller-Heidke needs to come to New Zealand.
  14. The only food I can think of that I really dislike is onion. But in saying that, I will always have it at a sausage sizzle.
  15. The first movie I remember seeing at a cinema was The Lion King, with my Dad at Masterton's Regent 3 Cinemas.
  16. However, the movie from my childhood I remember going to most clearly was The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, with my Dad and little sister Emily. Dad tricked us by saying we were going to a church and we were dragged along with a lot of protesting!
  17. My first celebrity crush was Zac Hanson. He looked like this at the time.
  18. I don't have a driving license, and I don't have any plans to get one in the near future.
  19. I estimate that I've spent less than a year throughout my whole life living without a pet of some kind.
  20. I personally think chocolate tastes better than skinny feels.
  21. We have several images of semi-to-fully-naked chicks in our house. I never realised quite how many until recent guests pointed it out.
  22. Apart from living things, the first thing I'd rescue if our house was burning is my teddy bear Hans. When I was little I probably had close to 100 soft toys (stuffed animals/whatever). I was absolutely crazy about them, and was totally certain that I would never be able to give them up, and I'd have them forever. I do still have eight of them in my house today, and there are quite a few in boxes full of junk at my parent's house that I need to sort through, but many have been given away or donated to op shops. My child-self would be horrified.
  23. A couple of weeks ago someone was surprised to discover Emily and I are sisters, for the first time ever. Most of the time people joke about us being twins (there's a two-year age gap). Turns out I'm actually quite sad when people think we don't look alike. (Also, Facebook's facial recognition often tries to tag Emily in photos of my face).
  24. I just remembered that when I was around 14 years old, I won tickets for me and about five friends to a Elemeno P (NZ band) concert at the local town hall. The concert sold around 50 tickets, no exaggeration. There was two rows of people along the front of the stage, and that was it. I am scraping the barrel here.
  25. I love tabby cats.
  26. I started training to be a flight attendant after I left high school, but ended up dropping out due to my AS and other health reasons. I wish I had been capable of completing the course and going for a job, and when I started Humira part of me did consider pursuing it again. But I decided to get tattooed instead haha.
  27. I'm currently listening to Manic Street Preachers' This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours.
  28. I am not looking forward to the Rugby World Cup next month. I'll try to be more enthusiastic though.
  29. I hate clothes shopping. Especially bra shopping. But I like nice clothes and pretty bras. Conundrum.
  30. I just scooted across the lounge on the computer chair to get a glass of Pepsi (I prefer Coke) so as not to boot off Wallace who is sitting on my knee. Now he's chewing the clip on the headphone cord.

4 comments:

Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I loved so many of these that it would be impossible to leave a comment referring to individual facts. But it was very interesting and funny and I read the whole lot.

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love reading this! And as an American I can tell you that you aren't missing too much here...I always thought NZ was much prettier based on pictures and movies and such. Regardless, you always have a place to stay in Maine! :)

Trev Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

If only you could use the will-power that stopped you biting your nailsto stop smoking. You might think I'm going on about it Alice, but I'm proud of where you are in life despite your health issues. however it breaks my heart to see you smoking. I have seen too many friends and acquaintances suffer from seemingly minor problems because they were smokers...Love Dad

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Find a trustworthy financial consultant or advisor using a proven background of
helping homeowners, one who is able to allow you to state your particular case and understand what exactly your requirements are pay day uk
a legit cash advance lender is going to be one who's authorized to issue these refinancing options within the state in that you simply live and who complies fully for the legislation associated with cash lending.