Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Auckland

Hello to you most faithful of readers. I got back from my mini holiday in Auckland on Sunday night, but haven't really had the opportunity nor the energy to update until now. I had such a fantastic time. I stayed with my friend Dylan for the first two nights. During that time I did a lot of walking around the city while he was at work, and a little shopping. We went to see Bridesmaids in Gold Class at Event Cinemas which was far, far nicer than the Wellington equivalent, and the film itself was hilarious. I got tours of both New Zealand's two main TV studios, TV3 and TVNZ, which was super exciting. I met a couple of our "national celebrities" (in my eyes, anyway) and also saw a whole bunch more during the tour, working away. I spotted AMP Business presenter Nadine Chalmers-Ross at TVNZ, whom I've recently decided would be my career idol if I had any public speaking ability. Definitely wish I actually got to meet her. I also took the opportunity to pose for photos on the Te Karere/Close Up sets (sound stages?)

On the last two nights I ended up staying at two different hotels with my friend Sarah. She drove up from Tauranga, so I had the opportunity to drive around Auckland suburbs that I otherwise wouldn't have seen. Highlights were posing for awkward photos in front of the Outrageous Fortune house, incredibly cheap shopping at Dressmart and meeting Kimberley Crossman from Shortland Street at Sylvia Park. I think I reverted back to my teenage years during this trip, but whatever- it was a lot of fun. I also had my first Dunkin' Donut, which was more of a novelty than anything else- they only have Auckland stores in New Zealand.

Auckland by day, from the room I stayed in at the Mercure Hotel.

The Sky Tower from Sale St bar.

Posing at the Te Karere desk.

Standing at the Close Up podium.

Standing outside the West house from Outrageous Fortune with Sarah and Hollee.

Posing in gross tropical rain at some memorial near Mission Bay.

Getting really excited for Dunkin' Donuts. It's raining again.

Meeting Kimberley Crossman.

Flying back to Wellington on Sunday night.

I will get onto the thirty day challenge in the next couple of days. I also have a great interview with another young artist to post, so I'm definitely going to get back into regular blogging! Apologies that it has been so slack lately- the irony of actually having stuff to write about, but no time to do so in.

2 comments:

Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nice to have you back! Glad you had such a good trip.

♥ Nadine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm happy to that your trip was a good one. Short breaks from reality are the best... :)
Ah, Dunkin Donuts. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time, not? We don't have it in my city no longer, they closed the shop. Good for me, my wallet and my hips. Ha.

I like those photos, very cool. I love your posing - that is mandatory for touristy pictures.

And also I'm seriously thinking about starting that challenge, too.

Happy week. XO.