Thursday, May 05, 2011

Out with the bath water.


I really hate every month that's not summer. We're in autumn at the moment, and I'm so tired of wearing lots of layers for the freezing walk to work in the early morning, then sweating by lunchtime... or vice versa. I think I'd really love winter though, if I had all the contents of the bathroom above. My one qualm with our house is that it doesn't have a bath tub.

In other news, last night I watched the September 11 section (Part II) of the film Zeitgeist. I'd heard about it on a student radio station in the past, but it came up again following the death of bin Laden so I finally got around to checking it out, and discovered it's on YouTube which is super helpful. Watch it here. It's another of the US-Government-blew-up-the-Twin-Towers theories, but the carefully-selected evidence is pretty fascinating. I don't know what I believe, but I love learning about conspiracy theories. My life is becoming a mixture of days where I learn about new events at work and obsess about wanting to find out everything I can about them; and days where I learn about new events at work which make me throw my hands in the air and think 'fuck it, we really don't know anything!' Sometimes I wish I was a person who could just stick their head in the sand, and ignore everything outside of their own little world. I feel really lucky to be in a job where I'm learning so much about so many different things, but at the moment my brain is still learning to filter out the crap.

Image source.
Zeitgest link.

3 comments:

k said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

my friend and i were JUST talking about this movie last night and I had never seen it! thanks SO much for posting the youtube video!!!
i also feel like i really know nothing, so i tend not to get to hyped up about what the media says..

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Interesting! Conspiracy theories are fascinating to me; though the 9/11 one is pretty insane and has been debunked a billion different times, they're still interesting! It's amazing to me how people will believe them no matter how much proof you show them! And I <3 baths as well :)

Ed said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I find conspiracy theories VERY interesting as well. I doubt we'll ever know what really happened, but it's intriguing reading/watching about these theories!