Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blackout Friday

Since Blogger decided to have some Friday the 13th fun, I'm reposting this from yesterday.

I finished this painting last night for Holly, of her adorable dog Squirt! I have both this and a painting for Anna to mail off early next week- I really need to find a good source of cheap-but-sturdy flat mailing envelopes to fit A4 paper- any suggestions? I think I'll do the rounds of stationery stores over the weekend and see what I can find. That is, of course, assuming I don't get any sicker! I've been feeling pretty miserable all week, and now I seem to be getting a cold, just in time for the weekend! Joy! Oh well, I'm really looking forward to sleeping and eating and watching TV (Breaking Bad through for the third time, and maybe Sons of Anarchy which Charlie has watched right through within a matter of days) and painting pictures and being lazy this weekend. I even hope the weather's shit now that we have heaters, although I wish we lived on the top (or only) floor of a building- rain on the windows is just not the same as rain on an iron roof.

My latest Etsy purchase arrived yesterday from the Monocerus store- didn't I warn everyone this would happen when I got a debit card? At least it's my own money I'm spending. And it's not like I really enjoy shopping in town anyway. Hermit retail ftw. So anyway, it's a small pendant of an painting by one of my favourite artists, Egon Schiele- Sitting Woman with Legs Drawn Up- and you can buy one of your very own right here. I also have a gift, another pendant, and a book on the way. Tehe. The book I'm really excited about receiving, I'll definitely be blogging my thoughts on it once it's arrived and read.

If you haven't yet heard of Jack Vidgen, click here right now to check out his recent Australia's Got Talent audition. So amazing, and so adorable! Although I hope they fix his Bieber 'do. And if you've already seen it/once you've watched it, check out his cover below of You're The Voice, one of the greatest songs, ever. I really do want to be an Australian...


Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love that beast picture! SO cute :) I love your art, Alice!

Rochelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I use to have a large print of that Schiele painting, unfortunately it was stolen whilst on holiday. So gutting.
Nice picture :)