Friday, April 29, 2011

Nice day for a white wedding.


Not gonna lie, I am majorly excited to watch the royal wedding tonight! (Well, tonight NZ time.) I don't quite know where this enthusiasm for the royal family came from, though I do wonder whether the fact less NZ news is being covered by the media is a major appeal factor (due to the effect on my job). Besides that, Kate Middleton seems so charming, so much prettier than the family she's marrying into, and I am dying to see her dress. I watched Rachel Ray with a friend last night (NZ is way behind, so I think the episode was from about February) but some 'fashion guru' was showing of some hideous dresses for Kate, and one of them was strapless. Until then I hadn't considered the possibility she could wear strapless. Personally I really, really hope not- but that's just me. I'm also hoping she'll wear her hair up.

Do you care?

Kate Middleton image source.

6 comments:

elisabeth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i care.
and mostly about her dress.

i'm going to camp in front of my tv and make sure i don't miss a thing!

♥elisabeth

Sam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i kinda care, as I love a good wedding (who doesn't?!) but am so sick of it. Every single thing in the UK at the moment is wedding, wedding, wedding. Everything is red, white and blue, and sporting the flag.

If I'm honest, I can't wait until it's over. But I'm excited to see the dress too, I must admit!x

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

She definitely will bring in some prettier genes, that's for sure! I didn't really care before, and I don't care enough to wake up at 6 a.m. to watch it, but I can understand the appeal. There are so many awful things happening worldwide now, it's nice to focus on two young people sharing their happiness with the world.

Alice Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooh yes, I meant to mention that- we're very fortunate that the time difference means it screens Friday night prime time here! Don't know if I'd get up for it either if it was early in the morning for me... though would maybe drag a TV and watch in bed :-)

Rochelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

To be honest, not really but its only because I've managed to keep out of loop so it hasn't sparked any curiousity at all. In fact I thought they were already married. I'm so oblivious to thing sometimes :)

Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I watched it, just because it's a big moment in our history. Scottish people are quite detached from it though (we don't feel British in the way English people do!).
I wish I'd put a bet on about the dress though, because I said she'd be wearing Alexander McQueen!