Friday, April 08, 2011

Link: How to steal like an artist

I posted one of Austin Kleon's newspaper blackout artworks last year. A week ago he published this blog post, which has only just come to my attention on Twitter.

It's going viral, so check it out while it's hot. I absolutely love it, it's brilliant. So many sentences made me nod enthusiastically as I read them. I wanted to quote from the post, but I just couldn't choose a sentence, so anyway- stop wasting time here and just go read it, right now. All of you- artists, writers, those who doubt they have a fiber of creativity within them. Go!

2 comments:

Katie Palmer said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad that you shared this! You're right; so much of it is relevant and true. I'm still reading, but so far my favorite is: "There’s this very real thing that runs rampant in educated people. It’s called imposter syndrome..."

Caitlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I looked at my old LJ blog too - I can't believe how obnoxious I was back then! Thanks for sharing:)