Friday, March 25, 2011

Art-film

I just wanted to share a couple of different sources of inspiration to kick start your (my) weekend. All my art supplies are packed up now, so any creating I do will be by taking photos... though to be honest I probably have way too much packing and cleaning to do. Hope your weekend is a bit more stimulating!

Firstly are these two photos by Sam Croskery who is from my hometown. Go follow his Tumblr if you're on there.

And secondly, I am probably six months late on this but I finally sat down and watched Kanye West's Runaway film. Before Charlie, I had little to no time for Kanye- never listened to his music, didn't care to listen to it either. My musical tastes are quite similar to a friend of mine, and I remember he raved about Kanye a couple of times to me but I pretty much ignored it!

Of course, when you're trying to impress a boy you like, you're going to listen to the music he likes, so since Charlie was a big Kanye fan, I downl... acquired... a couple of his albums. And boy, that guy can write. I was extremely surprised, and impressed. I never gave his music a chance before, because all I heard was swearing. For someone so enamored by great lyrics, it was a bit stupid of me to never listen more closely. Yeah, there's a lot a words few would repeat in their mother's company, but the metaphors and puns can actually be genius.

Back to the film- I think whether or not you are a fan of Kanye's music, most people reading this will have an interest in art or photography, and if you haven't seen it before, I think you should give it a try for that reason alone. That costume, those dancers... it's all stunning.

Have you seen it before? Have you watched it now? Let me know what you think of Kanye West in general, too.





3 comments:

Allie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE Runaway!!! It's my fav song at the moment.

Nicole said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Holy cow! I want those feathery outfits!

Crumble said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Man that was really quite cool