Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Artwork and Updates

Check out these TradeMe listings of artwork done by a 16 year old girl from Wellington named Gemma. She's created the images using mostly song lyrics, and I particularly like this one of Frank Sinatra. Auctions will only be available to New Zealanders, but go have a look anyway. She was apparently featured in Hot Auctions earlier which has generated some pretty decent bids. Good on her parent for listing them.

As you non-Reader visitors will notice, I've changed the layout of my blog a bit. Navigation buttons are now across the top- please feel free to give me your feedback on that. I've added a mouse rollover effect, but let me know if you don't think it's clear that they're buttons... I don't want first time visitors to be missing out on my content. Speaking of which, I've updated the actual Artwork and Contact pages as well. Not huge changes, but a new photo of me and a tidier arrangement of my artwork.

The other Internet "news of note" (for me) is that my Facebook artist fan page currently has 110 fans! As promised, now that I have 100+ fans, I will be arranging some sort of giveaway of my work- probably an unframed watercolour, so I can open it to international fans and readers. Will keep you posted on this blog, but if you haven't "liked" my page, and you would like to be in to win, please head over there now so you don't miss out!

I've been in my hometown on and off for the past couple of weeks now. It's been really nice to spend time with my family, but it has really sucked not having the holidays in Wellington with Charlie as I'd planned. It's also frustrating not being able to dive into the ideas I have for new artwork straight away! I don't have any of my supplies and it's been crazy hot (31°C yesterday) almost every day anyway. But I'll be heading back to the city tomorrow, so will have three and a half days of freedom before I start my new job on Monday! Really excited about that. I'm so glad I had the courage to go along to their Christmas function late last year when I knew no one, as I think that will lessen the nerves considerably on Monday morning.

So yeah, a fairly average start to 2011, having not even seen Charlie yet! But despite that I think it's going to be a great year.

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your blog design!!! :O

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for your lovely comment and for following.
Great blog.
I wish I were good at Art, both my Dad and Brother are and I am not :(