Saturday, September 11, 2010

Caturday/TWTWB


Wallace and I had the apartment to ourselves all afternoon, while Charlie's been at work. Basically, we did sweet FA with this time, apart from a shower, a load of washing and a load of dishes. I consider that pretty productive considering I had another 600+ blog posts materialise on my Reader overnight... this 30 Days of Me thing is out of control!

Yesterday after work, Sarah and I finally went to see Tomorrow When the War Began. Which is excellent, because it was one of my four goals for September. Also excellent was the film itself. Oh, man. I loved it. Loved it. I couldn't possibly count the number of times I read those seven books by John Marsden between school years 7-13. I am wildly entertained while reading them to this day. I don't know if I'd recommend the three books that came out more recently though.

Anyway, the movie was really really good. As with all films adapted from books, there were differences. But surprisingly a lot of the most significant conversations were word-for-word from the book. Which was exciting, but also annoying, because I could practically say their lines along with them on the first viewing, and it took you out of the action a bit.

I thought it was well cast. At first I really disliked Phoebe Tonkin playing Fi, but grew to really like her by the end. The scenery is PERRRFECT, just as you imagine. Some scenes were a bit green-screen looking, but it didn't matter too much.

I want to see more nooow...