Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Five Guilty Pleasures

1. My Chemical Romance and Panic! At The Disco
In 2005 I was a 6th former in small town Wairarapa. I thought I was mega amazing, because I imitated verbatim the American bloggers I read on Xanga. I got my lip pierced, put green streaks in my hair, wore bright pink shoelaces with my school uniform (because the school policy didn't specifically mention shoelace colour), I listened to MCR when they were 'so alternative' (they weren't), and I was a fucking douchebag. But I had fun doing it, and P!ATD is still one of my favourite soundtracks for painting.

2. Chocolate and Marshmallows
So bad, so good. This Winter has definitely expanded my waistline to new widths, but there's nothing like consuming both a pink Pascals marshmallow and a square of Cadbury Dairy Milk in one bite.

3. This Recipe
On the subject of food, this recipe has been a favourite of mine since I was little. Disgustingly fatty, but so good. I made it myself for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Press 500g of mince into the bottom of a casserole dish. Sprinkle one packet of Cup-A-Soup powder over the mince (I use Tomato Soup). Cut the crusts off white bread and make a single layer of the bread to cover the surface of the mince. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 30-45 minutes. Drain excess fat and devour. I'm not convincing any of you, am I? Trust me, it's good.

4. Olsen Twins Movies
Hanson, Spice Girls, silver platform Pulp shoes and the Olsen Twins. One of these childhood passions has stood the test of time.

5. "Fingerpainting" on frosty or dirty windows
Suckers.

0 comments: